How to apply for patent protection?
To apply for a patent; the application has to be prepared and submitted to the relevant national or regional patent office. The application will include the followings:-
1. FRONT PAGE
- Inventor's name
- Title of the invention
- Technical field
- Prior art
- Objective of the invention
- Detailed description of the invention
- Advantage of the invention
- Description of the diagram
- Application of the invention
- The claim shall define clearly and concisely the matter for which protection is sought in terms of the technical features of the invention and shall pertain to either product or process.
- The number of claims shall be reasonable taking into account the nature of the invention; where there are several claims, they shall be numbered consecutively in Arabic numerals.
- The technical terminology used in the claims shall be consistent with that used in the description. The claims may contain chemical or mathematical for mulae but not drawings.