- Provide an integrated and high-end services to government efforts geared towards building a national technology capacity by facilitating provision of IP information to entities in need and development oriented investors and enhance technology transfer for sustainable national development
- Ensure strategic IP protection that in turn stimulates the generation of new ideas in different technology categories, trade and cultural magnitude
- Facilitate the commercialization of IP assets thereby making IP to be a strategic development tool
- Encourage actors in the IP regime, innovators and entrepreneurs to ride the wave of the future and make the nation productive and globally competitive in its trade transactions
We envision having an IP office that plays key roles by an ongoing quest for excellence with in all operational functions ensuring national technology capacity building,fair trade and cultural assets and values development.
- Execute Transparency and Accountability
- Trustworthy to professional ethics
- Credence to knowledge and enthusiasm
- Readiness for change and new challenges
- Commitment for an utmost service
- Strive for culture of creativity and innovation
- Center of excellence for technology transfer
Objective of the Office
The Office shall have the following major objectives
- To facilitate the prevention of adequate legal protection for and exploitation of Intellectual Property in the country;
- To collect, organize and disseminate technological information contained in patent documents and encourage its utilization;
- To study, analyze and recommend policies and legislations on Intellectual Property to the Government;
- To promote knowledge and understanding of intellectual Property among the general public.
Message from the
It is indeed a great enchantment for me to address some vital and kernel issues and points with regard to the vision, mission, values and goals of our office- Ethiopian Intellectual Property Office (EIPO) in a nutshell. This is in order to shed lights on our mapped out plan which we all are duty bound to carry to its end using all possible modus operandi . It is a glaring and undeniable fact that the EIPO needs to strive to its utmost capacity to essentially strengthen the national IPR system as a sources of wealth creation and value-addition in its own right, to the benefit of the society and individuals, taking all administrative, technical and legal frameworks into account. Read More...
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel. (+251)11 552 8000
Fax (+251)11 552 9299
Kazanchis near Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs